The Warming Shelter in Sioux City is a cause that’s been close to our hearts for years here at NWIA. This fall and winter, they need our help as they prepare to open for the upcoming cold weather season. The shelter has a long history of successfully caring for the most vulnerable members of our community by providing assistance and a warm refuge during the cold winter months.
From now to November 12, NWIA will be accepting the following items for the shelter. Members who prefer can donate cash or check, and NWIA staff will happily purchase needed items on your behalf.
Items will be delivered to the shelter together by NWIA staff and board members the week of November 15. We are looking forward to the chance to be of great help as the shelter prepares to open soon.
Please remember that there are NO kitchen services available at the shelter. Items must be individually packaged or microwaveable.
The shelter is currently requesting the following food items:
- Hot chocolate
- Ramen Cup Of Noodles
- Individually wrapped snacks: crackers, granola bars, fruit cups, chips, etc.)
- Instant individual oatmeal packets
- Microwave popcorn bags
- Breakfast bars or Pop Tarts
- Bottled water
The shelter is requesting the following non-food items:
- Disposable paper products: plates, bowls, cutlery
- Styrofoam coffee cups
- Napkins or paper towels
- Liquid laundry soap
- Medical exam gloves: size medium or extra large
- Disinfecting wipes or spray
- All purpose cleaners
- Ziploc bags: quart and gallon size
- 55 gallon trash bags
- Travel sized personal care items: deodorant, shampoo
- Foot powder
- Shaving supplies for men and women (razors, creams)
- Large storage tubs
- New backpacks
- Men’s jeans (any size)
- New undergarments for men and women
It’s our honor to support this worthy cause in the Sioux City community. Please help us be a blessing to those who need a hand in our area this winter.
**No blankets, sheets, pillows or other bedding is being accepted.**
Paragon has been updated with new features as part of the downtime on September 22. See below for information about release 5.85 and the latest enhancements to our Paragon MLS System.
All enhancements are designed to help you navigate through the system and enhance your experience with Paragon. Below is a list of the enhancements and links to view videos or PDFs of the new features. We encourage you to continue reading and let the company know what you think on the Paragon MLS Facebook site. Also make sure you click “Like” on the Facebook site to view what’s new with Paragon more frequently.
Please join us in welcoming these new members to our NWIA family. We are delighted these folks have chosen to start their real estate career with us. These members joined us between June 1 and August 31 of this year. Their contact information is available in their linked member profiles on our website.
We are delighted to welcome five new members to our organization during the month of May, 2021. Please join us in greeting these new faces and making them feel welcome in the REALTOR® family. As always, current contact information for all members is available here on our website in the member directory.
Austin Popken, Bruce Brock Real Estate
Katie Wingert, Century 21 ProLink
Talli Poulsen, J & M Real Estate Group, Inc.
Brian Mathews, Keller Williams Siouxland
Sarah DeBoer, Klein Realty & Auction
Please join us in welcoming the following new members who joined the NWIA REALTOR family recently. Current contact information for these folks is always available in our online directory here on the website.
Karen Harrison, United Real Estate Solutions
Edgar Lopez Lomeli, FACTOR Realty
Jessica Salcido, Keller Williams Siouxland
Richard “Bryce” Roberts, Realty ONE Group Regency
Angela Nicodemus, Keller Williams Siouxland
Matthew Rector, United Real Estate Solutions
Mike McManamy, ToDo List Pro
Chance Bernstrauch, BankFirst
It has been a busy year around the office so far in late 2020 and early 2021, as we have welcomed a number of new members to the NWIA organization. With the launch of our new association management software, our member lists are updated multiple times every hour from our master database, meaning every agent and affiliate member’s most current contact information is available in the directories located here on our website. Anytime you need to reach someone, that’s the best place to go for their information.
Please help us welcome these members who have joined us in the last four months. We are glad you are here, and wish you great success in the real estate industry!
Jessica Jager, Century 21 ProLink
Jazmin Chaidez, Century 21 The Professional Group
Callie Wobbema, Century 21 The Professional Group
Katelyn Irwin, Coldwell Banker Associated Brokers Realty, Inc.
Jessica Alvarez, Epic Realty Inc.
Morgan Andringa, Epic Realty Inc.
Stephanie Mohr, J & M Real Estate Group, Inc.
Mary Hallenbeck, Keller Williams Siouxland
Clinton Puhrmann, Keller Williams Siouxland
Kreighton Stokely, Keller Williams Siouxland
Ashley Lewis, Keller Williams Siouxland
Jennifer Deeds, NextHome TriState Realty
Taylor Nygen, Northwest Realty
Joel McCartan, Rasmus Realty
Kellie Strickholm, RE/MAX Preferred
Kathryn Bauer, Signature Real Estate Group of Iowa
Shelley Stabe, Stabe Realty and Auction
Karen Harrison, United Real Estate Solutions
Let’s PACK A SACK For The Warming Shelter or Your Local Food Pantry
Usually at our December board luncheon we do some sort of community project to give back to those in need. With that event cancelled (thanks, corona), we’ve come up with a new idea that doesn’t require you to travel and still allows us to support those in need in our communities. As we all know, the need for help in 2020 has been great and these local organizations depend on community support.
During the week of December 7 to 11, we’re asking all members to PACK A SACK. You can shop and pack a sack of items/food, or take the EASY OUT option and send us a check. We know at this season everyone is busy, and circumstances this year may prevent some of us from going out to the stores to shop. We get it, so the EASY OUT option is available to all for any reason, and we will be happy to see that the funds are used to support a local organization in your area.
- If you live/work in the Sioux City metro:
- PACK A SACK of items for the Warming Shelter. This non-profit accepts no government funding, and yet they have successfully kept Sioux City from having any deaths of homeless individuals for the last eight years. The Warming Shelter is a very worthy cause that’s deserving of our support.
- Items of most need are as follows. For food items, please send only microwavable items. No kitchen facilities or cookware is available.
- Jeans (all sizes, both genders)
- Underwear (all sizes, both genders)
- Winter gloves (all sizes, both genders)
- Women’s winter coats (all sizes)
- Microwave popcorn
- Trail mix or other food to eat “on the go”.
- Ramen cups or similar microwave heat & serve meals. Must be microwave heat and serve only, no kitchen.
- Coffee/creamer/sugar packets
- Bottled water
- EASY OUT! Don’t want to go shopping? Mail us a check for $20 (or more!) and we’ll go shopping for you!
- Take a photo with your sack or mailing us your check. Email the picture to us.
- Sacks can be dropped off outside our office door during business hours. Call and we’ll come out to grab it with no contact. Please don’t leave items out overnight, they will be stolen.
- If you live/work outside Sioux City:
- PACK A SACK of food items and deliver it to your community food pantry, or your school’s backpack program for children facing food insecurity. All these organizations are seeing an increase in requests for help due to the season and the effects of the pandemic.
- EASY OUT! Can’t go shopping? Too much going on to make a trip to the store and deliver food? We got you covered! Just mail us a check for $20 (or more!) and we’ll pass the gift along to a food pantry in need.
- Take a photo with your sack(s) or mailing your check and email it to our office.
The market is busy and so are our newest members. Join us as we say hello and welcome to the following members who are new to the NWIA organization. Please take time to introduce yourself to these new professionals. Contact information for all members is available in the membership directory here on our website.
Austin Fuller, Century 21 ProLink
Jose (Chon) Plascencia, Century 21 ProLink
Jeff Carlson, RE/MAX Preferred
Abby Gray, RE/MAX Prime
Monica Fay, Availa Bank
Casey Schaef, Action Moving & Storage (new owner)
It is always enjoyable to welcome new members to the NWIA organization. Please take time to introduce yourself to these new professionals who joined us in September, and welcome them to our industry. Contact information for all members is available in the membership directory here on our website.
Jordan Coulson, Keller Williams Siouxland
Nickolas Madsen, NAI United
Katie Worden, United Real Estate Solutions
Matt Wineland, Wineland Home Inspection LLC
Vince Dattolico, Dattolico Home Inspections
Evan Newman, Cutco Closing Gifts
While 2020 has been a year for the record books in lots of ways, it’s also been quite a positive year in some aspects. We have been delighted to welcome a slew of new members to the NWIA family over the summer months. Please take time to introduce yourself to these new professionals, and welcome them to our happy little group. Contact information for all members is available in the membership directory here on our website.
Marcus Langseth, United Real Estate Solutions
Jacquelyn Brummond, United Real Estate Solutions
John Calsbeek, Vision Realty
Stephanie Dattolico, Keller Williams Siouxland
Marian Burnett, United Real Estate Solutions
Haley Zahren, Keller Williams Siouxland
Tisha Andrie, Keller Williams Siouxland
Sydney McManamy, United Real Estate Solutions
Scott Delperdang, Keller Williams Siouxland
Gina Grimsley, Realty One Group Regency
Mark Hanson, Keller Williams Siouxland
Shane Monahan, J & M Real Estate
Karen Scott, Century 21 The Professional Group
Karen (Kari) Orr, United Real Estate Solutions
Brock Nohava, Exit Realty Midwest/LeMars
Ken Tramp, 360 Maxx Home Inspections
Steve Green, Total Home Inspection