By Kerri|2019-02-01T16:09:54+00:00February 1st, 2019|Categories: News|Comments Off on New Faces In December and January
The months of December and of January are usually cold, but seeing new faces join our board warms our hearts. Welcome to these new members, and we are glad to have you as a part of the NWIA family. Contact information for these members is available in our member directory on the website.
By Kerri|2019-01-31T16:22:28+00:00January 31st, 2019|Categories: News|Comments Off on SentriLock Changeover: Key Proxy Information
NWIA will be holding our changeover training for all SentriLock users on February 12, 13 and 14 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sioux City. Members received a personalized email with a link to register to attend one 90 minute session.
While we encourage everyone to be there to learn the system from the experts, we recognize some members cannot attend this event due to previously scheduled vacations or other commitments. If it is impossible for you to attend, please print the following form, complete it, and send it with the agent chosen to act as your proxy.
Note that online training will be required to be completed before a SentriLock key will be issued to the absent member.
Questions can be directed to Kelly at (712) 255-8811.
By Kerri|2019-02-01T16:12:21+00:00January 31st, 2019|Categories: News|Comments Off on Important Info For Supra Users: Changeover Is Coming!
If you are a current Supra Lockbox user you must take note of this important information as we prepare for the changeover to SentriLock boxes on February 12, 13 and 14.
If you currently use the Xpress key (you do NOT use an app on your phone) you must turn your key in to your Broker no later than Monday, February 25.
If you fail to turn in your key, we will be forced to to pass along the fee the Board will be charged. Members who fail to return keys will be invoiced $300 and new Sentrilock services will be suspended until payment is made. Board staff will pick up all keys from Brokerages.
Supra keys (both app and Xpress Key) will remain active until midnight Sunday February 24. This gives all agents ample time to exchange all Supra lockboxes to Sentrilock lockboxes on their listed properties. If you will not be able to make the exchange in this time frame, agents need to speak with their Broker to see what help can be provided. The Board office cannot extend Supra services past February 24.
When you remove your Supra lockbox(es), they should be taken to a dumpster which will be located at 911 6th Street in Sioux City beginning February 12. This is the Al Sturgeon Law Office (formerly Re/Max). After collection, the boxes will be recycled. Note that the dumpster will not be located at the Board Office, due to current renovations. We are grateful to Al Sturgeon for graciously allowing us to use space in his lot. The dumpster will be removed February 25, so do not delay in making your deliveries.
After February 25, individuals still in possession of any Supra lockboxes will need to dispose of them at their own discretion. The Board Office will not accept Supra lockboxes.
Any Supra box left on a property February 25 or following will need to be cut it off. Locksmith services will need to be obtained to remove the property keys from inside. This will be expensive, and the listing agent will bear any associated costs.
Once again, take note: YOUR SUPRA KEYS WILL NOT WORK BEGINNING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25.
It is vital that all agents make all lockbox exchanges to SentriLock before Monday, February 25.
If you have questions, speak with your broker. If you need more information, reach out to Kelly at (712) 255-8811.
Wow, 2018 is over. Where does the time go, especially considering I get younger every year. Ha! As we sit at the cusp of a new year, I thought it would be wise for us to take a step back and look at how far we came together in 2018, and preview our walk together into 2019.
Take a look at a few of our board’s most compelling stats and activities from the year we just completed:
• We welcomed 36 new Realtor members to NWIA.
• Six new Affiliate Members joined our organization.
• We hosted a whopping 148 hours of local continuing education.
• We held a successful community blood drive.
• We staffed four kettles for a full day of bell ringing for the Salvation Army of Siouxland.
• We supported the Siouxland Sleep Out event by providing volunteers and a financial donation.
• And the biggest accomplishment of 2018—-we went livewith Paragon, our brand new MLS software, and successfully merged our three old MLS’s into one harmonious system. And we are all still speaking to each other!
Never ones to rest on our laurels, we’ve been running forward at full speed since we merged together as one board in 2015. Can you believe that was four years ago? Wow! And now, with 2019 at the door, we are poised for more big things coming.
• We will make the move to new lock boxes with Sentrilock on February 12 and 13. None of you can complain that we didn’t get you a Valentine’s Day gift now! Truly, this will be a great change, with better security and more options for agents than ever before. For some of our areas, lock boxes will be a tremendous new benefit.
• Kris Brend, former Ames Board CEO, has joined IAR as Education Director. I’m excited to see what new course offerings Kris brings forth in the year ahead. Watch for us to bring you an endless array of classes starting this spring, both as a membership benefit, and from the IAR team.
• Our new Northwest Iowa MLS group continues to grow on Facebook, and is becoming a go-to place for our MLS members to ask questions and find information quickly from others. If you* haven’t joined us there, please request to be admitted. (Sorry, we know it sounds like fun for everyone, but this group is closed. Membership is for Northwest Iowa MLS members only.)
• Plans are underway to do some fairly substantial remodeling around the NWIA office in the year ahead. After years of discussion, we will reconfigure our existing space to better meet the needs of our growing membership and simultaneously improve staff safety and efficiency. Details are coming soon about the plans, and some temporary relocations for staff. Like those New Year’s resolutions to lose weight and get to the gym five days a week (yeah, right), we are going to experience some short-term pain (a few inconveniences) for what will end up being a great long-term gain (awesome remodeled office, yay!).
I am excited about the future, as we continue our march forward to continually serve your professional needs in the best way possible. We are all privileged to carry the banner to represent the Realtor brand well in Northwest Iowa.
Onward to 2019, and may it be our (and your) best year yet!
NWIA was pleased to welcome two new members to our board in December, 2018. As always, contact information for these folks is available here on our website. Take time to congratulate them on joining the Realtor family as you have opportunity!
Our Thanksgiving induced food coma has subsided, and it’s time to welcome some new faces to NWIA this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession, or join us as affiliate members. As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directories on our website.
By Kerri|2018-11-05T15:55:46+00:00November 5th, 2018|Categories: News|Tags: Realtors|Comments Off on License Renewal Coming Up? Read These Tips.
Every year a sizable portion of our membership undergoes the process of renewing their real estate license with the good folks at the Iowa Real Estate Commission. For 2018, the renewal portal will open online on Friday, November 16 for all renewing licensees. Unlike last year, licensees will NOT be required to upload continuing education course completion certificates to the portal; however, doing so is strongly encouraged. Every year a random audit of renewing licensees are pulled for audit, and doing the upload in advance saves you having to get them in later if you are selected for the procedure.
Halloween is over, and there are no tricks here. We’re just happily welcoming several new faces to NWIA this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession, or join us as affiliate members.
As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directories on our website.
By Kerri|2018-10-11T18:16:24+00:00October 11th, 2018|Categories: News|Comments Off on NWIA October Board Lunch: With Guest Rick Bertrand
NWIA will host State Senator Rick Bertrand (R-Sioux City) at our next board lunch event on October 19. Join us from Noon to 1:00 PM at Delta Hotels by Marriott in South Sioux City to hear an update from Senator Bertrand about happenings in state government.
Reservations are not required. The event is free to NWIA REALTOR members.
We’re happily giving a big NWIA welcome to four new faces this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession. As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directory on our website.