Wow, 2018 is over. Where does the time go, especially considering I get younger every year. Ha! As we sit at the cusp of a new year, I thought it would be wise for us to take a step back and look at how far we came together in 2018, and preview our walk together into 2019.
Take a look at a few of our board’s most compelling stats and activities from the year we just completed:
• We welcomed 36 new Realtor members to NWIA.
• Six new Affiliate Members joined our organization.
• We hosted a whopping 148 hours of local continuing education.
• We held a successful community blood drive.
• We staffed four kettles for a full day of bell ringing for the Salvation Army of Siouxland.
• We supported the Siouxland Sleep Out event by providing volunteers and a financial donation.
• And the biggest accomplishment of 2018—-we went livewith Paragon, our brand new MLS software, and successfully merged our three old MLS’s into one harmonious system. And we are all still speaking to each other!
Never ones to rest on our laurels, we’ve been running forward at full speed since we merged together as one board in 2015. Can you believe that was four years ago? Wow! And now, with 2019 at the door, we are poised for more big things coming.
• We will make the move to new lock boxes with Sentrilock on February 12 and 13. None of you can complain that we didn’t get you a Valentine’s Day gift now! Truly, this will be a great change, with better security and more options for agents than ever before. For some of our areas, lock boxes will be a tremendous new benefit.
• Kris Brend, former Ames Board CEO, has joined IAR as Education Director. I’m excited to see what new course offerings Kris brings forth in the year ahead. Watch for us to bring you an endless array of classes starting this spring, both as a membership benefit, and from the IAR team.
• Our new Northwest Iowa MLS group continues to grow on Facebook, and is becoming a go-to place for our MLS members to ask questions and find information quickly from others. If you* haven’t joined us there, please request to be admitted. (Sorry, we know it sounds like fun for everyone, but this group is closed. Membership is for Northwest Iowa MLS members only.)
• Plans are underway to do some fairly substantial remodeling around the NWIA office in the year ahead. After years of discussion, we will reconfigure our existing space to better meet the needs of our growing membership and simultaneously improve staff safety and efficiency. Details are coming soon about the plans, and some temporary relocations for staff. Like those New Year’s resolutions to lose weight and get to the gym five days a week (yeah, right), we are going to experience some short-term pain (a few inconveniences) for what will end up being a great long-term gain (awesome remodeled office, yay!).
I am excited about the future, as we continue our march forward to continually serve your professional needs in the best way possible. We are all privileged to carry the banner to represent the Realtor brand well in Northwest Iowa.
Onward to 2019, and may it be our (and your) best year yet!
NWIA was pleased to welcome two new members to our board in December, 2018. As always, contact information for these folks is available here on our website. Take time to congratulate them on joining the Realtor family as you have opportunity!
Our Thanksgiving induced food coma has subsided, and it’s time to welcome some new faces to NWIA this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession, or join us as affiliate members. As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directories on our website.
By Kerri|2018-11-05T15:55:46+00:00November 5th, 2018|Categories: News|Tags: Realtors|Comments Off on License Renewal Coming Up? Read These Tips.
Every year a sizable portion of our membership undergoes the process of renewing their real estate license with the good folks at the Iowa Real Estate Commission. For 2018, the renewal portal will open online on Friday, November 16 for all renewing licensees. Unlike last year, licensees will NOT be required to upload continuing education course completion certificates to the portal; however, doing so is strongly encouraged. Every year a random audit of renewing licensees are pulled for audit, and doing the upload in advance saves you having to get them in later if you are selected for the procedure.
Halloween is over, and there are no tricks here. We’re just happily welcoming several new faces to NWIA this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession, or join us as affiliate members.
As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directories on our website.
By Kerri|2018-10-11T18:16:24+00:00October 11th, 2018|Categories: News|Comments Off on NWIA October Board Lunch: With Guest Rick Bertrand
NWIA will host State Senator Rick Bertrand (R-Sioux City) at our next board lunch event on October 19. Join us from Noon to 1:00 PM at Delta Hotels by Marriott in South Sioux City to hear an update from Senator Bertrand about happenings in state government.
Reservations are not required. The event is free to NWIA REALTOR members.
We’re happily giving a big NWIA welcome to four new faces this month. As always, it is enjoyable to see our organization grow and have new folks choose to join the real estate profession. As always, contact information for these folks and all our NWIA board members can be found in the member directory on our website.
By Kerri|2018-09-18T15:03:22+00:00September 18th, 2018|Categories: News|Comments Off on Casanova At Board Lunch In September
As summer shifts to fall, our board activities switch into high gear again. We are excited to share our speaker for the next NWIA board luncheon will be Casanova Brooks, an award winning real estate agent, investor, speaker, and CEO. Through his journey achieving high level success in the real estate industry as well as marketing and sales, Casanova has figured out the steps to truly building meaningful relationships and convert sales in any industry.
From growing up on the south side of Chicago to defying the odds of poverty, childhood cancer, and a lack of resources, Casanova still managed to develop a mindset allowing him to create a six figure business and ultimately master the art of selling through building relationships. Casanova firmly believes that in order to reach your greatest potential in any aspect of life, you need to have the right mindset.
Our NWIA board lunch will take place Thursday, September 27 from Noon to 1 PM at the Delta Hotel by Marriott in South Sioux City, NE. The event is free to all NWIA REALTOR members. Registration is not required, just show up, eat, and be inspired.
The results of our board of directors elections will also be announced at this meeting.
By Kerri|2018-08-31T14:47:36+00:00August 31st, 2018|Categories: News|Comments Off on New Members In August
We wish to extend a big welcome to two new members who joined our board in August. New faces are always fun to see, and we are excited to have these two ladies as a part of our NWIA family. As always, contact information for these members, and all of our NWIA folks, can be found in our member directory here on the website.
Once again, our board is growing. June and July saw four new faces join the ranks of our REALTOR organization, and we are thrilled to welcome these new members to our family. Please take time to greet them as you have a chance. As always, contact information for these folks, and all of our amazing REALTOR professionals can be found in the Member Directory on our website.