A Sioux City West High School student has recently been named one of ten recipients of a 2016 Iowa Association of REALTORS® college scholarship. Awards are given to deserving students who demonstrate outstanding citizenship and possess high potential to give back to their communities in future years.
Tyra Frigge was presented with a $500 college scholarship at the Northwest Iowa Regional Board of REALTORS® monthly luncheon, held May 19 at Bev’s on the River in Sioux City.
Nominated by REALTOR® Pam Mahler, broker-associate with Daktoa Dunes Realty, Tyra’s lengthy list of accomplishments makes her well-deserving of this honor. She is involved in a wide variety of school and community activities including:
- Teen Outreach Program
- Siouxland Sleep Out participant
- Mayor’s Youth Commission, a position for which she was nominated by school and community members
- Teen Court peer facilitator, a position for which she was nominated by school and community members
- Sioux City Elks Lodge 112, holiday basket preparation and delivery team
- Unity Point Health junior volunteer
- Robotics team
- Color guard
- Violence prevention mentor
- Holds a current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
- Multiple part-time employment positions, including a new role as a CNA at Holy Spirit Care Center
Tyra’s nomination was selected from among 76 applicants across the state. She plans to enroll at the University of Iowa in Iowa City this fall, with an interest in pursuing a career in the medical field. She is the daughter of the late David Frigge and Heather Frigge. Tyra’s mother serves as the Assistant Executive Officer for the Northwest Iowa Regional Board of REALTORS®.
Congratulations, Tyra. We hope your know that your Northwest Iowa REALTOR® family is proud of you, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!