RPAC Update2018-03-21T15:44:32+00:00

NWIA 2018 RPAC Donors

Coming Soon!

NWIA’s 2018 RPAC Fundraising

NWIA Year To Date RPAC Fundraising 0%

NWIA’s 2018 Fair Share Goal: $25,000

Year-To-Date: TBA

2018 RPAC Donations

2019 Contributions Accepted Through September 30.

RPAC. Not the Democratic or Republican party.  It is the REALTOR® party!

Make An Online Donation!

RPAC stands for the REALTORS® Political Action Committee. RPAC works to collect political contributions and provide assistance to candidates who support issues important to the real estate profession. RPAC is — and always will be — a fair, legal and vital way for REALTORS® to speak in a unified voice.

Why does RPAC matter, anyway?

Because public policy shapes our business — No matter where you live or how far it seems from the state capital or Washington, D.C., laws affecting the real estate industry are passed every year. Elected officials regularly pass laws on taxation, mortgage finance, housing, private property rights and licensure. Many of these laws determine how we as real estate professionals do business and impact the profitability of our business. Because campaign contributions make a difference — By pooling the resources of many REALTORS®, the cost of campaign contributions is spread broadly and REALTORS® collectively have a voice.

Where does the money go?

70% of contributions go to Iowa RPAC to support candidates for the state legislature and other state and local offices. The other 30% goes to NAR to support candidates for the U.S. Congress upon the recommendation of the state RPAC trustees.

Who decides?

Contribution decisions are made by the RPAC trustees, a nine-member committee nominated by the IAR nominating committee and elected by the IAR membership to serve staggered three-year terms. The main objective of the RPAC trustees is to help elect candidates who support REALTOR® issues. The decisions made by the RPAC trustees depend upon a candidate’s position on key real estate issues, the REALTOR® relationship with a candidate in the home district, committee assignments and leadership position. Contributions are given to candidates of both major political parties.

What has RPAC accomplished?

  • Preventing taxes on real estate commissions
  • Eliminating after-the-fact referrals and reducing threats from third-party affinity programs
  • Preventing unnecessary additions to seller disclosure forms and other forms
  • Preventing transfer tax increases and reducing property taxes
  • Supporting legislation protecting private property rights and takings compensation
  • Stopping legislation which would have eliminated dual agency
  • Preserving the mortgage interest deduction
  • Supporting the use of electronic signatures for real estate documents
  • Supporting capital gains tax cuts and tax reforms which encourage real estate investment
  • Reducing risks and legal liability through enacting seller disclosure laws
  • Stopping mandatory home inspection legislation
  • Preserving the independent contractor status for real estate professionals
  • Increasing FHA/VA loan limits, allowing more families to move into the ranks of home ownership
  • Supporting database protection legislation for real property listings

Who can I contact with questions about RPAC?

That’s easy.  Just contact NWIA CEO Kelly Burge, at (712) 255-8810 and we’ll happily fill you in.

Sustaining Club

$50-99

Capitol Club

$100-199

Governor's Club

$200-499

Diamond Club

$500-999

Sterling R

$1,000

Crystal R

$2,500

Golden R

$5,000

Platinum R

$10,000